Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Dear Noel

If you love all things Beatrix Potter of Peter Rabbit fame, then you will enjoy tracking down a copy of this wonderful story. This book is based around a letter that Miss Potter wrote to a boy named Noel Moore who became sick and bed-ridden. In the letter, she tells him the story of Peter Rabbit complete with the well-known illustrations. This was the beginning of the popular tales which brought Beatrix Potter into eventual world fame as an author.


For further reading:

5 minutes for books.
Awesome Stories -Miss Potter
Wikipedia -Beatrix Potter

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I have never heard of this book but it sounds absolutely adorable! Oh, I think I shall have to track this one down!

What a unique book to add to the carnival and I really appreciate you doing so! Thanks!

morninglight mama said...

I also hadn't heard of this book, so I'll have to look for it at the library. It seems that BP was such an amazing figure, I don't think she gets enough credit for the contributions she made to children's lit!

Unknown said...

Thanks for pointing this one out to me.